Cake Decorating Tutorials  (How To's) Tortas Paso a Paso

Вернуться   Cake Decorating Tutorials (How To's) Tortas Paso a Paso > Cake Decorating Tutorials > Cars, Trucks, Autos, Airplanes, Scrollers, Ships, Motorcycles Tutorials

Ваш профиль:
Your Avatar
Забыли пароль?

Ответ

МК торт "Фло (Дисней)" Flo (Disney) car cake tutorial

LinkBack Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 15.09.2014, 12:46
Местный

По умолчанию МК торт "Фло (Дисней)" Flo (Disney) car cake tutorial

Огромная благодарность make-fabulous-cakes за Мастер-класс

Название: 01.jpg
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 156.3 КбНазвание: 02.jpg

Размер: 94.3 Кб
How to Make a Flo Car Cake

Название: 03.jpg

Размер: 113.7 Кб
Okay, let’s finally talk about the cake. I wanted Neopolitan as the flavor of the cake, so that actually means 3 flavors – vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. To make this cake I made 2 recipes of a the yellow cake baked in a 9 x 13 cake pan. I also baked one recipe of this chocolate butter cake in a 9 x 13 pan as well. Then I also made half a recipe of the chocolate cake and baked it in an 8" square pan. I flavored the buttercream with some pureed strawberries.
Here are some of the progress pictures.
Название: 04.jpg

Размер: 111.1 Кб
Preparing the cakes
Название: 05.jpg

Размер: 98.8 Кб
Cutting the 8" cake into two and stacking it on top.
Название: 06.jpg

Размер: 112.0 Кб
Carving the top
Название: 07.jpg

Размер: 100.5 Кб
Carving the front, back and sides. Make indents on the hood.
Название: 08.jpg

Размер: 105.6 Кб
Use a circle cutter to use as a guide for the wheels.
Название: 09.jpg

Размер: 106.8 Кб
Use a small metal spatula to carve out the wheels.
Название: 10.jpg

Размер: 102.5 Кб
Crumb coat with buttercream then refrigerate. Add another coat of buttercream, then back to the fridge
Название: 11.jpg

Размер: 89.6 Кб
Add fondant to accentuate certain parts like the hood and the sides of the cake.
After covering the whole cake with turquoise colored fondant, I refrigerated it to let it harden a bit then I added the details like the eyes and windows. I made the car fins in advance to let it dry. I curved it a bit using that part of the cake as the guide. If I could do it again, I would make the tail part bigger and pointier. I attached it to the cake with some royal icing but it was a very humid day and the royal icing was not hardening enough. I added some turquoise colored fondant as extra support on the inside part of the fins.
Название: 12.jpg

Размер: 119.6 Кб
Let the fins dry
Название: 13.jpg

Размер: 71.5 Кб
Attach with royal icing
HOW TO MAKE CAR WHEELS

Looking at Flo's picture she seems to have two full front wheels and half wheels in the back. So I cut out 3 circles from white fondant and cut one in half.
Название: 14.jpg

Размер: 77.5 Кб
Use the back of the circle cutter to make wheel details
Название: 15.jpg

Размер: 78.3 Кб
Use a plain tip to make the smaller circle detail
Название: 16.jpg

Размер: 90.3 Кб
Use a small ball tool to make the indent deeper
Название: 17.jpg

Размер: 101.0 Кб
Paint the inside with silver dust mixed with lemon extract. Let the wheel dry. Cover with a strip of black fondant on the outside.
I made the wheels the same day because I was not sure what size of wheels to make. BUT it would be so much better if the wheels had time to dry. Once I put them on, they started sagging and Flo looked like she didn't have enough air on her tires.

Название: 18.jpg

Размер: 42.7 Кб
The half tires in the back, I just pushed them in the cake.

FINISHING THE CAKE BOARD

The cake board's dimensions were 15"x 21", so I made it easy on myself and cut out 3" square in black and white fondant, it would all fit perfectly. I then brushed on some shortening on the board and attached the squares. The cake was already on the board and I just worked around it. Alternatively, the cake board can be done separately and the cake would be transferred on it.
Название: 19.jpg

Размер: 68.4 Кб
Finishing the cake board

In my haste I forgot to put one tile in the back side of the cake. I thought I checked all sides, I saw it the last minute and by that time I did not care any more. I'm the client and I say it's good to go. Nobody noticed it anyway.
Название: 20.jpg

Размер: 117.0 Кб
MAKING THE SIGN

I took inspiration from Flo's V8 Cafe sign and made a sign to put on "40 Fab Yrs".
Название: 21.jpg
Просмотров: 7

Размер: 133.2 Кб

Название: 22.jpg

Размер: 94.0 Кб
I cut out the number 40, the V part and 2 ovals from gum paste and let it dry.
Название: 23.jpg

Размер: 36.1 Кб
Make a base with fondant and poke a hole thru it with a lollipop stick. Mark the stick where top of the base ends. Let dry without the stick
Название: 24.jpg

Размер: 56.3 Кб
Roll a flat piece of fondant, brush with water and cover the lollipop stick, cut off excess.
Название: 25.jpg

Размер: 57.7 Кб
Roll with a fondant smoother
Название: 26.jpg

Размер: 62.6 Кб
Cut off excess fondant on where the mark is. Let dry
Название: 27.jpg

Размер: 106.8 Кб
Use fondant to attach one end of the stick to the dry fondant sign.
Название: 28.jpg

Размер: 112.9 Кб
Place another piece on top.
Название: 29.jpg

Размер: 96.1 Кб
Brush some crisco on the numbers and sprinkle with disco dust.
I attached the V and 40 to the oval with royal icing and let it dry. I attached the base to the finished board then I attached the stick to the dried base with royal icing. Note: This the last thing I did to the cake. After adding the sign, I carefully placed the cake in the fridge to let it continue setting from there.

And so there it is folks, my 40th birthday cake! It was the hit of the party. Even the other group next to us in the restaurant ooohhed and aahhhed when the waiter brought the cake out. I kinda felt bad for the guy in that group who was also celebrating his birthday and he got that one slice of cake with sparklers. I should have shared my cake with him
Название: 30.jpg

Размер: 108.7 Кб

And here she is cut up.
Название: 31.jpg

Размер: 129.8 Кб
Ответ

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

©2022 Lovely Tutorials